Alembic Literary Magazine
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Alembic is a literary and arts magazine sponsored by the Creative Writing Program at Portland Community College's Sylvania campus. It appears twice a year, at the end of winter and spring terms.
The publication highlights the creative work of PCC students--stories, poems, drawings, photographs, paintings, and other artworks. Although eighty percent of Alembic is devoted to student work, twenty percent of each issue is reserved for nonstudent work: Faculty, staff, and community members are welcome to submit along with students.
Alembic is published in newsletter format, printed in black-and-white, and distributed free in racks on the Sylvania campus.
- Submissions for the winter issue are accepted from January 1 to February 10
- Submissions for the spring issue are accepted from February 11 to May 1
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 stories, 5 scripts, 5 pieces of creative nonfiction, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 1,000 words for each story, script, or nonfiction submission.
- Put a title on each submitted item, and submit each as a separate file, up to 5 files for each category.
- A cover letter accompanying the first uploaded file should contain a brief bio, e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of works submitted.
- The Alchemy/Alembic Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alembic Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
Consider also submitting to our annual publication, Alchemy Literary Magazine, 80 pages in full color and perfect bound. Submission deadline is March 10, publication June 1.
Alembic Literary Magazine • Division of English and World Languages
Portland Community College • PO Box 19000 • Portland, OR 97280-0990
www.pcc.edu/alembic • firstname.lastname@example.org